With spring underway and summer quickly approaching, it’s time to prep your AC for the season. Here are five of the most common AC problems to watch out for. If your AC is experiencing any of the following, it’s important to get it fixed before the temperature gets too hot.
- Low refrigerant or refrigerant leaks. Refrigerant is the chemical that keeps the air in your AC system cool. Low levels or a leak could be causing your AC system to be less effective. A professionally trained technician can fix any leaks and restore refrigerant levels to where they should be.
- Frozen coils. If there’s an airflow issue with the unit, coils can freeze which will in turn cause more problems. A dirty air filter may be the problem behind frozen coils. Make sure the air filter is clean, then run the fan to help melt away the ice on the coils. If you’re not sure that will fix the problem, call a professional technician to help you resolve the problem.
- Wiring or control failure. Whether wiring was installed incorrectly or has eroded or developed a short, faulty wiring may be blame for your AC failure. Failure could also be attributed to a malfunction in the control panel. It’s important to call a qualified technician to help solve issues related to electrical malfunction.
- Power failure. If your AC won’t run, check all of the breakers to make sure none have flipped. It goes without saying that if the unit isn’t receiving power, it won’t run. If none of the breakers are flipped, call a qualified technician to come and take a look and help you get the problem resolved.
- Bad filter. An overused and dirty filter can cause more issues than you think. If your AC unit isn’t running properly, or at all, change the filter and see if that does the trick. If you’re still having trouble, call a technician in your area.
If your AC unit is displaying signs of one or more of these common problems, call a technician you can trust.
We strive to provide our customers with the ability to maintain a comfortable environment in any season. Our Alabama technicians have industry experience, reasonable rates, and flexible appointments to ensure that all of our customers are taken care of as quickly as possible.
Contact us with any questions you may have or to schedule an appointment.